Blissfully Delicious

Pumpkin Round-Up Recipes… and a little break!

Life just got a little busy with me over the past two weeks when I realized that I haven’t posted anything lately. I thought doing a round-up of all of my past favorite pumpkin recipes would score me some extra points with my readers for my absence :) So here you go!

Whole Wheat Pumpkin Pancakes - this pancake base became my go-to pancake recipe. I used white whole wheat on this picture below, but I have made this with 100 % whole wheat flour and they are absolutely fantastic. I use this recipe all year with whatever fillings I want (banana, blueberry, or pumpkin are my favorite).

Pumpkin Nut Belgian Waffles - this is another waffle recipe that makes gorgeous Belgian waffles: thick, crispy on the outside, and tender in the outside. And the addition of pumpkin and pecans/walnuts make these a winning breakfast, brunch, or even snack item.

Pumpkin Bars - this moist cake-like bar was an instant favorite among my friends and co-workers. Especially with that extra thick layer of tangy cream cheese frosting. If you are willing to skip the frosting, it would be a delightful breakfast treat!

Pumpkin Brown-Butter Cupcakes - This was probably my first introduction to brown butter. I welcomed the nuttiness that browning butter adds to a recipe like this, and I became a huge fan of it. I made these without sage as the original recipe called for, but I think next time, I’d probably throw some in to see whether I prefer them with our without it.

Pumpkin Mac ‘n Cheese - I started adding pumpkin puree when I realized my daughter was obsessed with mac ‘n cheese. She actually didn’t notice the pumpkin, so at least I feel great about serving here this cheesy dish since I know it is also full of veggies. Will be great with squashes as wel.

Olive Oil Pumpkin Bread - While I adore quick bread, I always try to lighten it up. When I finally found this olive oil based bread, I was truly hooked. And I felt like I could  have a healthier breakfast and or treat without sacrificing any flavors or taste.

Here are a few additional pumpkin recipes that I haven’t made in a while, but recall having good success with:

Pumpkin Patch Biscuits
Pumpkin Patch Cupcakes
Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes

And of course, if you have any pumpkin recipes that you think I’d enjoy, please share them with me. I know that I’d be back in the kitchen baking up a storm once life settles down a little bit :)

13 Responses to “Pumpkin Round-Up Recipes… and a little break!”

1. #
    Barbara Bamber | justasmidgen — October 3, 2012 at 10:29 am

You’ve definitely scored points with me, I was thinking that this was perfect with not a recipe missing! I hope you enjoyed your break. The more breaks I take the harder it is to get back in the swing of things. But reading blogs always brings me right round! This was such a treat this morning! xx

2. #
    USA Kiwi (Kylee) — October 3, 2012 at 11:04 am

These recipes all look GREAT! I am looking for ways to add veggies to things that my little boy eats (he loves waffles and pancakes).

We dip banana slices in pancake batter and cook little mini banana pancakes just for him. I bet he’d enjoy pumpkin ones too.

Thanks for a great post!

3. #
    kitchenriffs — October 3, 2012 at 12:32 pm

A great collection of all things pumpkin! I love this time of the year – pumpkin season! (Apple season, too.) Although I really enjoy pumpkin pie, it’s always good to do something different from time to time. Nice recipes – thanks.

4. #
    yummychunklet — October 3, 2012 at 2:27 pm

Great pumpkin roundup!

5. #
    Choc Chip Uru — October 3, 2012 at 2:29 pm

What a delicious collection my friend, everything is so drool worthy :D

Cheers
    Choc Chip Uru

6. #
    Erin — October 4, 2012 at 6:53 am

A pumpkin recipe roundup is definitely acceptable in your absence. ;)

7. #
    Charles — October 5, 2012 at 3:38 pm

Ooooh, so much pumpkin awesomeness. I must admit, I’m not a huge fan. but when it’s baked into a pie or a cake it’s almost irresistible. I love the look of the bars and the cupcakes especially!

8. #
    Raymund — October 7, 2012 at 4:21 am

That pumpkin mac and cheese looks fantastic, a really good twist to a classic

9. #
    Cass @foodmyfriend — October 8, 2012 at 6:31 pm

Mac and cheese with pumpkin – amazing. My pop was growing pumpkins for a while, they were so incredible. There is something to be said about home grown pumpkin. I think there is love in them :)

10. #
    Amanda@chewtown — October 16, 2012 at 5:50 am

We definitely don’t cook with pumpkin enough in Australia. This has reminded me I need to be a bit more adventurous with pumpkin!

11. #
    Gary Williams — October 23, 2012 at 4:18 am

What a perfect dishes for breakfast. Would like to make the Pumpkin Mac ‘n Cheese for the kids, much more healthy than the ones on the market

12. #
    Juliana — October 25, 2012 at 2:58 pm

Nice round-up Yudith…perfect timing :)
    Hope you are having a great week!

13. #
    Jennifer — November 1, 2012 at 9:01 am

I made the Pumpkin Nut Belgian Waffles for Halloween! My kids absolutely loved them!